After
completing this short week of English, I realized I have a lot to work on. The
thesis practice in class was very refreshing because even though I may think I
am confident with writing theses, I always learn new ways and strategies to
prove that I still need some practice. I enjoyed collaborating with classmates
to analyze our thesis statements to ensure we included both a specific or
personal part, and the meaning attached to that. From this, we determined that
I had both of these elements, but I need to find a way to express the word
choice differently to fully get my point across and make it a strong thesis.
Furthermore,
there was much clarification on how to organize this essay which is also
something that needs a lot of tweaking in my essay. In my first run through of
the draft, I put the events in chronological order and included analysis at the
end, but after class I recognized that I wanted to try and switch up the
paragraphs to start from the now and flashback to the then. This will give my essay
more shape and keep it interesting. I really want to also try and use the song
as a conclusion or introductory strategy because I find it to be an abstract
way to describe events in our lives. Music has always been a big part of my
life and I find songs say the words I can’t seem to fit together. Aware that
this essay will require a lot of change, I am ready to tackle and make a piece
that will be worth reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment